So a 416a that has a 21184 cone and a 416z that has the 21184 cone have different specs? Is there a motor or VC difference?
Just curious if its just the 8 or 16 ohm impedence that makes a difference. Maybe I am missing out on something by running 8 ohm gear.
And just to clear things up I am not arguing with you guys. I'm sure you are right. I was always taught that the 416a is the same as the 416z. The Z is just the version without the magnet cover.
I was also taught that the later 803b with cloth suspension is the same as the 416a with the earlier 803a being closer to the original 515 but with a smaller motor.
I know the VC is a different length with 8 or 16 ohms but I have always heard for HiFi that there is no "better" impedence. At least when using solid state amps







Bookmarks